Friday, October 9, 2009

Hmmmm....

Barack + Obama = Nobel Peace Prize

I heard on the news this morning that the nominations were due only two weeks after he was put into office as our President. Ummm, what? You mean, there are people overlooked who have devoted the last 20+ years, not to mention millions of dollars, trying to cure some condition that is responsible for taking thousands and thousands of lives? I am one of the most unpolitical people you'll ever meet (unless there is a debate about over sized classrooms, grouchy lunch ladies, or negative claims against Diet Coke) but come on! Really? I know President Obama is not the first standing president to receive the award. There have been two others. But why exactly?
What do you think about that?

Disclaimer...
I will never, ever, ever receive an award of any kind unless it were an award for supporting the "National Hairspray Application Association", which I'm pretty sure doesn't exist. For those of you who cyber-stalk my blog, just know that my politically uneducated brain can't quite get on board with Obama's most recent accolade.  


2 comments:

  1. When Brian came home today he said that Pres. Obama had won the Nobel Peace Prize. My reply, "For What?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am avoiding this news altogether. It is way too premature for Obama to r/c any award. C'mon now. I did like his speech to the school children, though. I thought the frenzy to not show it, here in Utah was embarrassing and showed ignorance. So there, that's my two cents.

    ReplyDelete