Monday, August 23, 2010

Honeymoon - Day 8

Day 8
Paris

We made our way over to Notre Dame Cathedral. It felt so massive! The bells rang while we there as well. We were able to take pictures inside this cathedral. Finally!







A little blurry, but Ken was in love with the organ!


The statue below was my favorite. I am not a fan of all of the statues of Mother Mary but this one was really sweet and done in a metal. It was really pretty.


Seriously... it's AMAZING to think how they built this without modern technology or equipment.






After Notre Dame, we ventured over to the Louvre Museum. Incredible!
Did you know... the glass pyramid is the entrance to the museum.




We saw the Mona Lisa through about three feet of glass. She's a little overprotected.


If you look just to the left of Ken's head, you'll see the Mona Lisa back there. She's pretty small and not hanging very high on the wall. Proof we were there! (along with a billion other people)


The ceilings in the Louvre were pretty amazing!


Me with the one and only Venus DiMilo.


The infamous John the Baptist painting.


The Louvre is HUGE! We were there for hours and didn't even begin to see it. You could spend days there. It was truly overwhelming!


If you read my post about the killer duck, you'll understand this photo below. If you haven't read it, you can click here to see it. Ken and I stumbled on this statue and I thought I was going to wet myself from laughing so hard. The little boy is strangling a duck. Yep. Practically choking it. Hopefully it is the same duck that pecked Tank's head off! Revenge!



Our feet were beyond tired, but we had a wonderful day!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That cathedral looks amazing. It's beautiful!! And I LOVE the duck strangling child statue that you found. That's just hilarious.

    ReplyDelete