Since I'm vowing to get back to blogging, I thought I'd post about this last week.
First of all, I lost the battle with Verizon... but ended up winning the war (see previous post). Long story short, I was told there wasn't anything they could do about sending me out a brand new phone to replace my awful new phone. I was stuck with the refurbished one but as a consolation prize, they were going to send me a bunch of phone accessories. Yeah well, I still wasn't happy. I emailed back and forth between the representative I was working with but got nowhere. That was on Tuesday. I sucked it up Wednesday and Thursday. On Friday, I got all riled up about it again and called Verizon (for like the 6th time that week) but this time spoke with a different customer service person. After being on the phone with her for 45+ minutes, the refurbished phone was sent back to Verizon yesterday and a BRAND NEW on is on it's way. It should be here by Monday or Tuesday. She is having it sent overnight. I feel vindicated. I won the war, got my way and my now 3 week old phone will be replaced with a new one right out of the box. Smart phone #4 is on its way!
We've had a ton of snow at the school where I teach. I took this picture when I was on recess duty. It was nuts! It took forever for the kids to get to the playground because they had to traipse through so much snow!
We had parent teacher conferences on Wednesday and Thursday. I had my students write a note to their parents that would be given to them at the conferences. We talked about what to write. You know... I love you, you're the best, thank you for taking care of me, etc. Here are my top 3 favorites from my students.
Dear Mom and Dad,
I love you so much I wish you never die.
Love Adam
Dear Mom and Dad,
For Tuesday and Wednesday the book fair is open for those days.
Love Ethan
Dear Mom and Dad,
I love you so much because you take care of me. Mom can you be a teeny bit nicer?
And this little gem came from my good friend, Marci, who teaches in the classroom next to mine.
Dear Mom and Dad,
My favorite thing about school is specialty. Something I learned this year is that gummy bears grow in water. Something I want to do better at is reading chapter books. Something I want to learn is how people get their bodies.
(Notice the blue sticky note from Marci that says... won't be learning this in first grade!)
I came home from school on Friday to find that Ken had bought me flowers. Tulips are my favorite! I had had a really long week and I thought that was sweet of him. He's not a flower buyer so I was surprised. They're in our bedroom and I think they're beautiful! I love my husband!
Friday was my dad's 68th birthday. We all took him out to a late breakfast. We had almost everyone there. We missed you, Brian, Denise and critters! The deal was that Ken and I would pay for my mom and dad's food or we wouldn't go. It's rare my dad lets us pay. He agreed to it. Here he is holding up his coffee AND Pepsi. Evidently when you're not buying, you can go hog wild on the drinks. Ha ha!
Happy birthday, dad. I love you more than you will ever know!







No comments:
Post a Comment