We headed out of Utah on July 31st. My two brothers Clint and Brian came along with us to help drive and unload. The trip from our Utah house to the Texas house took just under 20 hours. It was a lot of sitting. We had Tank in tow as well. He's never been in a car for that long and I was worried he would panic but he did really well overall.
Here we are driving through southern Utah.
I switched off driving with him a few times. We had a great time visiting and with each other.
More of the view.
More of the view.
Being in Utah = orange cones and no one working on anything.
We did pass by some beautiful scenery.
Here I am riding with my older brother Clint. He and I had some good chats too.
We all stayed in Albuquerque the first night. Ken and I had this wonderful view from our hotel room. It cracked me up!
Tank did pretty good in our hotel room. He was a little bit confused with what was going on but stuck to Ken like glue.
After leaving Albuquerque we continued driving on to Texas. When Clint found out we were going to pass through Amarillo, he wanted to stop for lunch at a steakhouse he had heard about. He'd seen a program on t.v. about this place and really wanted to stop. So Clint, Brian and Ken all ate at The Big Texan.
Since I absolutely refuse to ever leave Tank in the car with no air conditioning, he and I spent a little one on one time together for lunch.
Here we are sharing our Sonic food together.
After lunch we all met back up and continued to head on toward our new home. Tank was doing SO WELL when all of a sudden I felt something hot. Yep. He peed all over me. It's hard to see in this picture but I had to change EVERYTHING except for my bra. Too much information but it's true.
We all stopped at a Wal-Mart so I could make a quick change of clothes and get back on the road. Here are Ken and Tank navigating our drive.
We got in late to the house and Clint and I ran to Wal-Mart to get a couple of things. We all crashed about 2:30 a.m. and took a little nap because a few people from our new ward came at 8:00 a.m. to help us unload. We were exhausted and hot but we were grateful for the help!
Everything got brought into the house.
We also went over and unloaded everything into my new classroom. I've got to find a different route than how the GPS took us or I'm going to go insane from all of the construction on the freeway. I'm afraid a lot my classroom things will be coming back home because my room is super tiny compared to my classroom in Utah. I'm not sure how I'm going to get situated at school or where I am going to put anything. One more concern on my plate.
Clint and Brian flew home on Friday. It was a super quick trip for them but we would have died without them!
We tried to go to church today. We got up, got ready, got in the car and programmed the address to the chapel into our GPS. It's only 6 miles away but after being led all over the place for an hour with no church in sight and me in tears, we finally went home. The GPS was having us make u-turns on the freeway. We ended up making big circles. The address we were given is wrong. I am really disappointed we didn't make it today. We'll see if we can find the chapel sometime this week so we can be there next Sunday.
We're still in the process of getting everything unpacked. I'll post pictures when things are all in their place. I'm hoping my shell shock wears off and that I can feel settled. Right now EVERYTHING is super overwhelming. Ken is a trooper and is non stop unpacking. As you can tell, I'm blogging. Yep. I can't face it right now.




















I've been waiting to hear how the move went. I'm glad things went well. Good luck getting situated and making Texas feel like home.
ReplyDeleteMegan K.
Yeah! So glad you made it safe. Congrats on the new job and new adventures.
ReplyDeleteGood luck unpacking. Wish I was there to help.
ReplyDeleteJust got all caught up on your blog. Happy anniversary! Creme brûlée and key lime pie are my absolute favorite desserts! I'm happy you made it safe and sound to your new home. Moving is so stressful and overwhelming. Good luck with everything!
ReplyDelete