Monday, December 29, 2014

Yellow Rose of Texas...

I had a birthday on the 28th. 
I reached the big four zero.
40.
40 years.
40 years is 480 months.
It's 2,080 weeks.
It's 14,600 days.
It's 350,400 hours.
It's 21,024,000 minutes.
It's 1,261,440,000 seconds.
Give or take a leap year or two.

40 is hard. I certainly don't feel 40 and I don't feel like I am where I should be at for my age. I have friends my age with children - children in high school, children on missions and children who are married. I even have friends and high school acquaintances that are my age who have grandchildren. Sigh. The lack of my own children is a tough one for me. I have a hard time with it.

But, rather than focus on the "I can't believe this is where I'm not" things about being 40, I can focus on other things... like the beautiful flowers that my husband got for me.



He also got me a very nice card and wrote some really nice things in it (he's not really a card/note guy so that meant a lot to me) and got me a gift card to go see a movie. I don't get many flowers (I tend to see them as a waste of hard earned money) so it was a nice surprise. Maybe 40 will be the year that some things get better. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment