Last Saturday, Ken and I got to spend the day with my brother Brian and his cute family. My niece, Carly, was getting baptized and confirmed a member of our church.
Carly called us herself to ask us to help with her big day. She asked Ken to play the piano, witness the baptism and stand in the confirmation circle. She asked me to give a talk on confirmation. I think giving a talk to an 8 year old on such a deep topic is tricky. I decided to use a lot of pictures and simple words to explain what I wanted to. I decided to make a book for my talk. I was able to show the pictures as I spoke to Carly. I also put my own words under the pictures so she could look at it again later. Here's my "talk" I gave at Carly's baptism.
The front of her book.
This was the easiest way I could explain the Holy Ghost being a member of the Godhead.
My favorite analogy... the Holy Ghost being like the sun. There is only one sun but everyone can go outside and feel its warmth and see its light.
I also included my thoughts and testimony for her.
The book was pretty easy. It took some time but wasn't difficult. I took the pictures off of the internet, mounted everything on paper and laminated it, and then bound it.
Here's Carly with her dad, my brother Brian.
We love having Carly in our family and are so proud of her for choosing to get baptized!

You are such a wonderful aunt. Congrats to Carly and her family!
ReplyDeleteI love the book idea. You are very creative.
ReplyDeleteMegan
Thanks again you are a wonderful aunt!
ReplyDelete