I have seriously been neglecting my blog.
It has been unintentional. Blogging has not been on the top of my to-do list lately. I need to do better. I actually enjoyed when I used to blog daily. It was therapeutic for me. I'm not sure anyone really follows blogs anymore - the trend seems to have passed - but I still enjoy them.
It's New Year's Eve today. Here's a quick post on a few things that happened in December that haven't been mentioned.
- Our Christmas was nice. We were at the MTC in Provo on the 23rd, 24th, and 25th. We were able to hear Elder Nelson speak along with the artist Greg Olsen. It was all nice but I was all meeting-ed out by Christmas night.
- For some reason I've given up on cleaning my house over the break. It's not looking good around her. I'm waiting for the motivation to clean everything up.
- Christmas came too fast for me. I couldn't face it. Ken put up the tree and decorated it all by himself. It looks nice. We didn't get all of our lights up outside either. It all seemed a little overwhelming to me. I need to start taking things down before the break is over.
- We've spent a lot of time being lazy during the break. Most of the days we haven't made the bed. It's awfully inviting when the flannel sheets are calling your name. We'll lay in bed and talk, read, or get online. It's a nice way to spend some free time.
- We're in for a rude awakening when school starts back up - Thursday for me and Monday for Ken. We haven't been on any sort of a schedule.
- We have been able to have some great spiritual experiences this Christmas season. I am always amazed how the Spirit can guide us to know about the needs of others. Things always seem to work out in ways that are beyond coincidental.
- I had a birthday last week. I hit the big 38. The term "late thirties" has never sounded so grim. It was a low key day. We spent the day at the doctors office. I FINALLY got Ken to see a doctor for his back. Getting him to the doctor was the best birthday present of all.
I didn't take any pictures at Christmas. What was I thinking?? I did get some photos at my family Christmas party that I will post. I'll get back to you all in 2013!
I love following your blog. Even if the trend has passed, or changed, I continue to blog so that I have a journal of experiences to print and share with my family down the road. I hope you will as well. I find it very theraputic as well. :)
ReplyDeleteI am sorry you have had a rough Christmas season... I have struggled as well. Hang in there, time tends to heal all wounds and you will find your light just around one of these next corners.....
I hope you decide to keep up with your blog. I don't check as often as I did, but I still love the pictures and stories. It makes me feel a part of Utah even if I am miles away.
ReplyDelete