Click on image to enlarge
Image from thefirstgradeparade.blogspot.com
What a horrible event! As a teacher I have tried and tried to imagine a tiny bit what those teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary might have been feeling. I can't even begin to comprehend it. We practice lock down drills every so often but always assume it's not a reality. Who targets elementary schools?
They have been constantly on my mind and in my prayers. I feel like it is the right of a parent to tell their child about such an event, and not my job as a teacher. I did not mention it in my classroom on Friday. My cute little firsties had no idea the real world outside of our own classroom even existed. After hearing about the unbelievable tragedy, I enjoyed my little class a lot more Friday afternoon. There was a lot of extra noise, talking, laughing and fun. I was a-okay to have an academically less-productive day so I could enjoy their little personalities, voices and spirits. Such a horrific event for the faculty, families and community of Newtown, CT. Nothing can be said or done to alleviate its impact. This awfulness from Friday makes me love my job even more!
Image from thefirstgradeparade.blogspot.com
What a horrible event! As a teacher I have tried and tried to imagine a tiny bit what those teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary might have been feeling. I can't even begin to comprehend it. We practice lock down drills every so often but always assume it's not a reality. Who targets elementary schools?
They have been constantly on my mind and in my prayers. I feel like it is the right of a parent to tell their child about such an event, and not my job as a teacher. I did not mention it in my classroom on Friday. My cute little firsties had no idea the real world outside of our own classroom even existed. After hearing about the unbelievable tragedy, I enjoyed my little class a lot more Friday afternoon. There was a lot of extra noise, talking, laughing and fun. I was a-okay to have an academically less-productive day so I could enjoy their little personalities, voices and spirits. Such a horrific event for the faculty, families and community of Newtown, CT. Nothing can be said or done to alleviate its impact. This awfulness from Friday makes me love my job even more!
I can only imagine how you are feeling. The hears of the nation have been broken over this tragedy..... As a teacher, I am sure you had the nightmares in addition to the news feeds....
ReplyDeleteIt is a good think that we have the knowledge of where those precious souls are right now. Without that knowledge, it would be hard to move on.