Spring break has been sooo nice. I've pretty much done nothing and feel great about it! It's our last break until the end of the school year. After the year officially ends, I get one week off and then I'll be teaching summer school until July 3rd. After that, I'm officially unemployed. Very, very scary!
The day before the break one of my students gave me this note.
Yes, sometimes I am the BEAST teacher ever!
My first day of spring break started with a dentist appointment. I had a cleaning a few weeks ago and told the dentist that if there was any sign of the beginnings of anything to let me know because we're losing our insurance (since I'm leaving the district). There was a small start to a cavity so I wanted it taken care of pronto. Done!
Ken and I went and saw the new Oz movie in 3D. Can anyone teach me how to take a picture with my phone that doesn't make me look like I have six chins? I can't figure it out! What? What are you saying? Lose weight? Yeah. That would probably fix the problem.
The movie was good but it's not one I would ever buy.
Ken had to go to school every day during my break. BYU doesn't have a spring break. As soon as he'd leave, Tank would curl up on Ken's side of the bed and pout. I wasn't very sympathetic.
I have gigantic feet. I wear a size 12-13 in womans, depending on the style. I found these sandals in the mens department at Kohl's. They're a mens size 10 1/2 but they fit and I love them. The only problem is that they are brown and I wanted black. Leather dye to the rescue! I now have black sandals. Woohoo! I can't tell you how many pair of brown sandals have become black thanks to me.
I have a room full of wreaths in my basement. I am a self admitted wreath hoarder. I bought a new one this week. I like it. I think it will look nice on the front door at the home in Texas we'll be living in. It got me excited for a few small minutes about moving.
The day before Easter was my dads "mandatoranually" (mandatory annual) egg hunt and picnic. It is a tradition that he did as a kid and is the one thing he really looks forward to. You WILL be at his egg hunt/picnic. He's the master egg hider. I guarantee there are 10+ eggs still hidden out there somewhere. I found 2 last summer when I was mowing their lawn.
There's my dad giving the kids their instructions. I'm not sure why my nephew Wyatt is karate kicking the tree. If you click on the picture to make it full size the expression on his face is hilarious!
After the eggs were found we all had an indoor picnic. My mom made pulled barbequed chicken sandwiches. Yum!
I went over to BYU one night with Ken to hear him practice his entire program for his upcoming graduate recital. He practiced on the loud and lovely organ in his professor's office. Ken's in the green shirt partially hidden by the pipes.
Speaking of his upcoming recital, I also got his invitations and posters made and ordered. I wish I would have done it sooner but better late than never. They should be here from the printer's in a few days.
I went on a hunt for a new purse. I went to my favorite purse shop at Gardner Village but left empty handed. I only buy black and there wasn't one there that I really liked. There were a lot of cute colored one there, however.
I met up for lunch with Melissa this week, too. I used to teach with her but she is at a different school now. I've missed her! It was great to see her and catch up!
After lunch with Melissa, I ventured off to Ross. I'm not a Ross shopper but I decided to go see that they had for purses. Hello! The had TWO aisles of black purses!! Two!
It was a tough pick but I chose one. I also got a new wallet (Kenneth Cole) and an umbrella (Calvin Klein) that fits perfectly in the purse. The retail on these three things alone is $162.00. I paid less than $50.00 for it all. That's a good thing!
I also picked up a new toy for Tank, a nail treatment, a tie rack (Ken has been asking for one for quite a while) and two ties - Kenneth Cole brand. The ties retail for $50.00 each but they were $9.99 each at Ross. Love it!
I also took a huge risk and bought this dress for $11.00. I'm not sure how I feel about it. The black shirt under it and sweater are things I already had. I hope it doesn't look maternity. The dress is one of those dresses with the elastic on the top that is held up with a tie. Is that making any sense at all?
I think they're called Tube Dresses? There aren't any sleeves. I put a tank under it, got rid of the ties, and threw a sweater over it. I'm not sure if I'll wear it in public but it was super comfy!
I was preparing my sharing time and found this picture of the Mount Timpanogos Temple online. I'm sure it's super photoshopped, but I really love it.
I also found this quote this week. It's my new motto for now. I'm still wallowing in self pity over the fact that I've quit my job and am preparing to leave everything familiar to move away to pursue Ken's dream. Spring break has given me waaaaay too much time to sit and think.
I am grateful that there are a lot of things in my proverbial glass. Family, friends, the gospel, the weekend, and leftover Easter candy!


















Your nephew karate kicking the tree is so hilarious. I laughed out loud at that. Your dress is cute. What store is that, at Gardner Village? I need a new purse.
ReplyDeleteMegan K
Hi Megan! The store at Gardner Village is called The Posh Peddler. They have such cute things there! It's a store in one of the old houses. All of their purses are $39.99 plus they have super cute clothes there too!
DeleteI think the dress is adorable...not only should you it, but you should wear it in public! Dare I say with the hair half down from the last post? Get wild! :)
ReplyDeleteMoving to a new place is tough and a new school. I've been there. It all works out but it's change and change isn't fun. I still complain about it and it's been almost 5 years!
Retail therapy is always a good thing especially when it involves the adrenaline rush of a good bargain!
Looks like a busy spring break!
ReplyDelete