We had a big ice storm come through our part of the state last week. The school I teach at was closed Friday, Monday and Tuesday. Ken's college was closed too. We got storms of rain and sleet which hit the ground and froze solid. The roads were closed and people stayed in, except for the people who ventured out and we ended up seeing them on the news. Ha ha!
We went and chipped on the driveway one afternoon to decide if we wanted to get out of the house for a few minutes.
After looking at Ken's iced over car,
and the driveway of solid ice, we decided we weren't going anywhere.
Our neighbor's fountain was frozen. It was cold!
This is a view from our front porch. It really looked like nothing more than a dusting of snow.
However, everything was a solid slick sheet of ice.
I was SUPER lazy the entire time. But I did manage to get our Christmas cards ready to be mailed out.
Merry Christmas from us!
On a side note... Ken trapped a lizard in the house this week. It gave me the shivers. We nicely coaxed the little reptile right on out the front door into the frozen world.
I enjoyed my lazy days hanging out with Ken. I got some much needed sleep, but I'm not looking forward to making up those school days in June. Sigh.










No comments:
Post a Comment