Thursday, January 1, 2015

Another New Year...

Welcome 2015!
Well, another year has rolled over on the odometer of life. Let's be honest... it's really just another day. But for some reason a new year really does feel new-ish. I'm really not one for making resolutions. Somehow, taking down my old calendar and putting up a new one doesn't make me resolve to do anything. I wish it did, though. I found the above image and it sums up some things I need to recognize and work on. 

  • FORGET MILESTONES REMEMBER MAGICAL MOMENTS - Am I the only one who somehow bases their existence on milestones? I've realized that mine aren't necessarily important or realistic. I get into the grind of the school year and sometimes just getting to the weekend so I can stay in my pj's is a milestone. I need to back off of getting from point A to point B. There are so many "magical" things that happen all of the time that come from a loving Heavenly Father that I often overlook. I need to keep my eyes focused on the magic.
  • DRINK MORE WATER - My body is 55% water? Hmmm... mine is probably 85% Vanilla Coke Zero. That's pretty sad. I know it's a terrible habit but I still pop open the cans and stop at gas stations for a gigantic fizzy beverage. No brainer... more water. I'll be working on this one.
  • CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY - I need some work on this one. I always forget that it's a choice, my choice. This is a toughy for me.
  • GIVE YOURSELF A BREAK - Enough said.
  • GET MOVING EVEN IF IT'S JUST AROUND THE BLOCK - I am having the hardest time trying to eat better and drop weight. With everything going on in my life (and even things that aren't that I want to have happen) it feels too daunting. One thing at a time, I guess. Drinking more water and eating more green things surely will help!

Whatever your goals, ideas, or resolutions are for 2015, all we need to remember is to take it one day at a time. Happy 2015!!

2 comments:

  1. You are blogging!! Good for you and good for me. I love reading about your happenings. The pictures look like they turned out great. Keep up your good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are blogging again. Hooray! Good luck on your goals.

    Megan

    ReplyDelete