My brother Brian is a pilot. We sometimes call him a Pirate. It's a long story that stems from an Asian tourist asking Brian if he was his "pirate" for the flight - he meant to say "pilot" but you know how the letter sounds don't always come out like they should. We've gotten years and years worth of laughs out of that one! Anyway, Brian had an overnight layover in Dallas on Monday. We picked him up from his hotel just before 8:00 p.m. and took him out to dinner. We found an Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant (yummy, yum, yum!) very near the airport. Brian hadn't eaten there before and ended up really liking it. Although we had just seen Brian, his wife Denise and their 4 children the previous week when we were in Utah, it was GREAT to see him again!
Chips and salsa... and a really happy face. He kept pulling that "annoyed" look for the camera, but he wasn't annoyed. Must be his pirate face.
Speaking of faces, I can never get this guy to smile. He either makes his face look as ugly possible or he just looks grumpy. Those are my two options when I aim a camera his way.
Dinner! Notice their two faces... what in the world?! By the looks of those two you would think we had a terrible time.
Ahhh... there's a smile! The picture is blurry but Brian, Ken, and I all had a really great dinner together.
I wish he had more overnight layovers in Dallas because the hotel that they put the flight crew in is only about 15 minutes from our house. I could get very used to having dinner with him several times a month!




No comments:
Post a Comment