I think I'm getting a little less shell shocked over this whole thing.
My house is a total disaster! There isn't much I can do it about it either other than take some pictures and blog about how much it sucks!!
Right now, the disaster clean up crew is in the process of trying to dry the entire house out. They've opened up ceilings and some of the walls and drilled holes in all of the baseboards trying to force air up everything to dry out the sheet rock, wood, and insulation.
It is so hot inside of the house right now! When I was there this afternoon, it was 108 degrees inside. The hottest I've seen yet is 112 degrees. In fact, all of my jar candles are liquid and I've killed a few forgotten house plants. I also forgot about a couple of candles that were in the bathroom and kitchen.

Oh well. They can be replaced.
The plum colored candles used to skinnier and taller. The lighter colored candle on the right used to be a tall tapered candle that was about 8 inches tall. A friend of mine said it looked obscene. Hilarious!
Here are a few pictures that I took today...

My TV room.

The upstairs bathroom. They tore the floor out yesterday.

The hallway from the front room into the TV room on the main floor.

One of my piles of belongings. It was like trying to play Tetris to get everything arranged in the garage tight. Thanks dad and Dusty!

Pulling up any remaining flooring and sub floor.

More dryers in the front room.

My bedroom.

The upstairs TV room.

The remains of the basement bathroom.

Yikes! More removed ceilings in one of the basement bedrooms.

More mess! Check out how they've cut off the bottom foot or so of sheet rock on the walls. They've done this is a few of the rooms.

This part of the ceiling was cut out too. This room was unfinished but will become an office. I'm going to have it finished off when the construction crew comes to do the work.

Look at all of the cords and the giant mess everywhere!

The ceiling in the basement hallway was completely removed.

This is the walk-in closet in the large spare bedroom in the basement. There was a lot of damage in here as well.

More ceiling damage.

One of the walls in the downstairs bedroom.

They put up this plastic doorway in the downstairs at the bottom of the stairs. Every time I unzip it to go in and out I feel like I'm in that scene from E.T. where they tent the house.

A view from the basement family room of the hallway with all of the heaters and dehumidifiers.
That's all for now!
Wow. It really looks like a house that is in the process of being built. Crazy. I love the little pictures with you in the mirrors. They made me laugh. And I still love that poor stressed out doggie picture. I think I may save that forever. Priceless.
ReplyDeleteOh My! You DO have your hands full. Are you going to at least get new carpet out of the ordeal? It's amazing what they can do and in a few weeks it will be right back to the home you love! Thinking of you!
ReplyDelete