Sunday, August 22, 2010

Junking things up...

A few more of Ken's things entered our home this week.
Actually, one really big thing.

The piano.

He and I have been talking about the piano since we got engaged. Where were we going to put it? Was it going to look okay in the house? Honestly, I was 110% fine with inheriting a piano, although I don't play. I was just worried about how it was going to look in my already furnished house. The piano is pretty old and came to him from his Grandma Adams's home after she passed away. He's had it for over 15 years. When we decided to combine lives, we decided to combine belongings.

Welcome the piano!


Here is the "before picture" of what the front room used to look like as you entered our home from the front door.


This was our designated spot for the piano.


Here it is! If fits perfectly in that space. Whew!
(this is also the "before Kristina junked up the top of the piano" picture)


This is the "after view" of our front room from the front door.
I LOVE IT!! It makes the room feel more homey.
The wood matched the tops of the tables in the room. Bonus!


Ta-da! A few hours of shopping and a little too much money later and I have officially baptized the former bachelor boy's musical instrument into a girly display of candles and crappy decor. He's a sport. He let me do it without saying one negative word.


4 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful!! I don't know what your were so worried about! I LOVE IT!! :) Good job with the top as well.....pianos need to be junked up a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE It!! Now you should come to my house and decorate! You are great at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strong work! I am jealous--I would love a real piano! And you did a good job on decorating, but you have always been amazing at that anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great!! Yay for pianos!!

    ReplyDelete