I've debated on whether to post this because it's a little embarrassing, but it's just too funny not to share. Hope you get a good laugh out of our little episode like we have.
As you may or may not know, Ken and I bought a new bed before we got married. It was delivered the week before the wedding, and I slept in my old bed which had been moved downstairs until after we were married. Because we were going on our FABULOUS European honeymoon a day and a half after the wedding, we opted to just come home that night after the reception rather than go to a hotel. Besides, we had an amazingly comfortable bed waiting for us at home.
We got home that night, opened the cards from our wedding reception, and got ready for bed. We were so excited about our new bed! We climbed in and both commented on how comfy it was. We were laying in bed talking about the events of the day, and how perfect everything went. Nothing had gone wrong. We had a great day! We were just laying there (ABSOLUTELY "NOTHING" going on) talking and all of a sudden we heard a popping sound. We both thought it was odd and I made a comment that maybe the bed had settled or something since no one had slept in it. A few more minutes went by (still "NOTHING" going on here people... just laying there talking) and the bed completely dropped as there was an awful breaking sound.
Yep.
The bed broke.
Completely broke.
We had been laying in it for a total of 30 minutes, if that.
We both got out of bed to survey the damage. I was livid! Holy cow! There was splintered wood all over the place and the mattress was partially on the ground. Unbelievable!
Here is the bed before the eventful night.
Here is the bed the night after the unfortunate episode. (we were packing for our trip on top of the useless bed)
So, we spent the next two nights in my old bed downstairs. Not quite what we had planned. We called RC Willey (where we purchased the bed) the next morning. I made Ken talk to them. I was too embarrassed. How do you say "ummmm... we broke our new bed on our wedding night and are wondering if you could come and fix it" without sounding like a total freak?
Embarrassing. Just embarrassing.
RC Willey came and fixed it while we were on our trip. My mom arranged her schedule to be at our house for them to come. Evidently, the delivery people that had originally brought it hadn't installed the support beams across the bottom correctly and the bed didn't stand a chance.
I'm still a little scared about the bed. We've slept in it a few nights now that we're home and I am terrified that it's going to snap. Oh well. If it's going to break again, it's going to break.
How may people can actually say they broke their bed on their wedding night?
We can!
Ken you are such a stud!! Kristina, you are so lucky to be married to such an amazing man!! :)
ReplyDelete(Seriously, I love you both, and you know that I am only teasing you here, right?) Don't ever let your kids see this blog...let them think that their parents are AMAZING!! :)
Well, the first time Jack and I slept together in our bed, it fell apart and, not that I'm bragging or anything, but we were doing something....Jack's brothers had fixed our bed to do this. Annoying little brothers....we had a good laugh at that. But it wasn't broken, just loosened so movement would make it fall. Ah, the memories....
ReplyDeleteYour story it great! Embarrassing, but great! And you go Ken, ha ha! I predict nothing but great times for you two, a fun and happy life:)
I am laughing so hard I think I wet myself! Seriously, the funniest story ever. You could use that to demonstrate cause and effect with your class. :) P.S. I still need your address!
ReplyDeleteThat's really funny! I'm happy you shared!
ReplyDelete