Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thursday letters...



A few things that have been milling around in my head today...


Dear Thursday,
Your being here assures me that Friday is on its way. I like you well enough, much better than Monday or Tuesday, but Friday holds a special place in my professional life. I’ll see you next week!
Sincerely,
Kristina


Dear My Little Student “E”,
You drive me nuts with your incessant talking. It’s nonstop! As your teacher, I think you make me feel like I made my teachers feel when I was your age. Well played Karma, well played. But here’s what you don’t know yet, “E”… that mouth of yours will get you into a lot of trouble in the years to come. It will take a while to learn when and where to keep it shut and when and where to let it loose. There are going to be many times, however, that it will save your butt, get you out of situations, and help you stand up for what you know to be right. It will help you become who you are supposed to be - you just don't know it yet. You’ll be one of the few that can passionately speak your mind. It's innate and I recognize it. And for that, “E”, just keep on talking.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Adams


Dear American Citizens,
I don’t know who thinks that there can be a succession of the states since the results of the recent election. Obama is ours for 4 more years. Try to embrace it (or at least tolerate it) or move to Canada. Why are we even talking about a succession? Come on, Texas! You’re not going anywhere. You know it and I know it. That’s all.
Proud to be an AMERICAN,
Kristina


Dear Christmas Spirit,
I really hope I feel you more this year. Last year was a depressing time for me. No matter what I did to feel you, I really struggled. You’re welcome to come by any time after Thanksgiving. I’m really hoping for a very long visit!
Much love and admiration,
Kristina


Dear Tank,
I hate seeing you get older. I can’t imagine my life without your furry little self in it. I’m glad we visited the vet last week. I’m glad that your little body seems to be holding out, too. You seem to be doing surprisingly well on your new dog food. Hopefully it makes you feel better and not act so neurotic. Hopefully.
Love you my little friend!
Kristina


Dear Lady who hit the deer in front of me today while on my way to work,
I saw the deer coming. I’m not sure why you didn’t. You didn’t make much of an attempt to stop either. You hit that poor little guy pretty good. He managed to get up and stagger off somewhere. It made me happy when you pulled over and stopped. I thought you were going to check on the deer. But instead you checked your car for damage and quickly drove off. I guess there wasn’t much more you could do but it felt pretty inhumane to me.
Drive safer!
The girl in the red car right behind you


Dear Parkinson’s Disease,
I hate you. I really do. I am watching you take more and more things away from the man I admire most. He can no longer do what he used to. He’s always exhausted and run down. He’s discouraged and frustrated most of the time. He seems to be trying to take it all in stride but you are unwanted and unappreciated! I know you have a habit of moving in and taking over as the years go on. I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to handle that. I want my dad back. Leave him alone!
Kristina


Dear wife of the Parkinson's sufferer,
You're a pretty dang amazing lady! You are keeping that man on track with medication and doctor's appointments, not to mention keeping a vigilant watch on his fainting spells and abnormal behavior. I know that this isn't what you thought your life would turn into - the "caregiver". And it will only get worse. Thank you for not giving up on him. He's a tough old guy that can be gruff more often than not. I know you have given up a lot of yourself in the 40 years you've been married. Thanks for hanging in there. You made a lot of sacrifices for us kids - more than we will ever know about. Thanks for always taking my side in life, especially if it differs from Dad's.  I'm glad to know you're my biggest cheerleader. I love you more than I will ever be able to express to you. Ever!
I love you!!
Your daughter


Dear Hair,
You won’t win. You can keep trying to do what you want but I have something you don’t… an arsenal - many cans of hairspray. I realize you gave me a run for my money this morning, like other mornings, but I can go against you AND gravity with my Freezing Spray.
Until tomorrow morning,
Me


Dear Daylight Savings Time,
I miss the sunshine and hate driving home from work at dusk. You really should come up with a better plan. Move to Arizona?
Kristina

2 comments:

  1. Dear friend, Reading your blog makes me miss you more. Love, the one who moved away

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to finish reading through tears. Very sweet tribute to your parents. They are amazing people and I am lucky to be a part of your family. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete