More random things
floating through my mind...
Dear Mother Nature,
The sunsets you pull off this time of year are amazing! I
don’t remember seeing the sky so red, pink, and orange in the evenings as much
as I have lately. I hate the fact that it starts to get dark before 5:00 p.m.
but you can really put on a show. The sunsets in the west are stunning but the
effect that it casts on the eastern mountains can be even more beautiful.
Well done!
Kristina
Dear Monster Trail Mix
from Target,
You are not doing my body any favors. I don’t know if it’s
the nuts, raisins, the M&M’s, or chocolate AND peanut butter chips that I
find addicting. Let’s face it… it’s a train wreck of sugar and chocolatey
goodness amidst healthy (if eaten in small quantities – which it rarely is)
legumes and tree nuts. Oh sure… I could buy the kind with dried apples,
pineapple and banana chips. But why? I don’t find anything empowering and
uplifting about dried out apples. M&M’s? Yes. Banana chips? Nope.
My classroom addiction,
Kristina
Dear First Grade Class,
Today was so difficult! Our student teacher finished last
Monday and now you’re all mine, like it or not. You’re not used to me anymore since you have had Mrs.
Pence as a teacher for the past 55+ days of school. Some of you had a rude awakening last week when I returned to “reign”. Even
though we’re going to have a bumpy few weeks for the proverbial changing of
the guard, you have no idea how excited I am to get you back. I have really
missed you! Be patient with me as I take over, and I will be patient with you
too.
Much love,
Mrs. Adams
P.S. Mrs. Pence… I miss you greatly. I have LOVED working
with you. You are a wonderful teacher. I hope your experience with me was a
good one. I worry it may not have been. I think every cooperating teacher
worries about that.
Dear Downton Abbey,
Ken and I have re-watched season one and season two. We’re
excited for season three to come out. It airs in January and we’ll buy it as
soon as it is released. We’re worried about Mr. Bates and are ready for Mary
and Matthew to just get married already! We’re also excited that you’re
bringing on Shirley MacLaine. That should be entertaining. I really want to
read the spoilers on the internet but I won’t. This much I do know… there is a
wedding, a death and a major heartbreak. That was as much of a spoiler that I
read.
We’re excited!
Ken and Kristina
Dear Ken,
I know that there is a lot of stress on you right now. It’s
the end of another semester and it’s rough! You’re putting in applications for
doctoral programs and that’s rough, too. I can see by the look on your face
that at any minute you’re about to crack. I know how this is all going to work
out in the end so I can keep my cool. You’re going to be just fine! You seem to
feel this way at the end of every semester and we went through this when you
applied to BYU. You’re not doomed. You’ll pass everything with flying colors,
get accepted in a doctoral program and continue to wonder what in the world
you’ve gotten yourself into. You’re amazingly talented and have an incredible
God-given gift. You’ve worked hard to develop that gift into your love and
passion. God doesn’t give someone a talent like yours to watch them develop it
and then dump them off in the middle of nowhere. You’re going to make it! It
may not feel like it, but you will! I’ll just continue to pick you up, brush
you off, and tell you to keep going. You’re going to make it.
With love and support,
Your Wife
Dear Motivation,
I have a Christmas tree and decorations to put up in my
house. Where are you? I could really use you right now.
Thankyouverymuch,
Kristina

Love this post! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way about the Monster Trail Mix.....so good! Even the little bag has a bazillion calories. Pure evil, but I love it so.
ReplyDeleteMegan
Oh my gosh! So excited for Downton Abbey! Confession, I started watching the third season, I probably should not admit that, but I did. I made it through a few episodes, the death almost killed me! Then I couldn't watch anymore until it came out in the US, because I had no one to talk to about it! I read that Matthew wasn't coming back for the fourth season! The horror!
ReplyDelete