Before I recap the week I need to address one thing. What the @#%$ is going on with Downton Abbey? We own all three seasons of this show and currently they are all on loan to various people. I say temporary good riddance to them - I'm sure I'll want them back at some point, however. I am so not happy with them. I understand that 2 actors chose to leave the series but come on!
First they kill off Sybil. Her death was dramatic, I'll give them that. No tears were shed at our house but it was a believable way to die. Matthew on the other hand... RIDICULOUS! What a stupid way to kill off a character. In a matter of 3 minutes his wife has a baby, he professes his undying love to her and their offspring, everyone talks about how perfect life is, and he gets killed in a car accident by running off the road on his way to pick up his in-laws to see the newly born critter. L.A.M.E. and predictable. I could have written a better demise for Matthew.
And the most recent announcement is that O'Brien will be leaving during the next season. Maybe she'll have a one night fling with Mr. Bates or Carson (but definitely not Thomas) and the guilt will take over to the point that she throws a bucket of water on herself and melts - or spontaneously combusts. I'm fine with either.
Ken got his official acceptance letter to the University of North Texas this week. We already knew through email but the real deal came in the mail. He begins class on August 19th. He's pretty excited. He's worked really hard to get this far.
I am realizing just how much I have neglected the temple. We have so many temples so close to us where we live. There was a time I was going weekly. I need to get back to that time. I think it could really help me right now. I don't handle change well and there is a lot of it coming.
My brother Brian texted me this picture this week. My dad, brothers, and oldest nephew all went on a pheasant hunt together. I wasn't there and have no real connection to the picture but I love it and want to make sure I have a copy somewhere. The men in this photo are pretty darn amazing! I love each of them!
I made Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pie this week - with a homemade crust. It's been a LONG time since I've made it. I'm sure we still haven't burned off the calories from the last time we ate it. I originally posted about it HERE. (You have to scroll down to the bottom of that post for the pie recipe) If you haven't sampled it yet, I highly recommend it.
Ready for the oven!
Just out and ready to cool off.
We topped it off with chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. AMAZING!
This past week Ken and I have talked a lot about not turning around to look at the past in our lives. We had a bunch of things happen that triggered the conversations. Neither of us have been hung up with past events but somehow it was the topic of several conversations. You can't really look toward your future and progress eternally when you're too busy reminiscing about the past.
I cleaned out my fridge and found five, yes five, containers of sour cream. We don't really even eat sour cream so I was a little confused by my find. Two containers had been opened, three hadn't, and they were all expired. Not sure why I have been buying sour cream. Weird.
I'm stressing myself into insanity about this grad school/move to Texas business. I keep thinking that maybe there are some wonderful things waiting for us there that we can't experience here. Plus, I want to be the "Roberta Stephenson" of my new ward. She is amazing and I want to be just like her! I think every ward has one and I want to be her!
Ken's gearing up for finals and then he'll graduate. Whew! It has been the longest-fastest two years if my life. Until next time...





I bet you really like Texas!! One thing that I have learned from moving to South Dakota for grad school was that you pretty much have no control over where you are supposed to end up, but that Heavenly Father knows & when we listen to him and let him guide our lives then we yield the greatest blessings. I never thought I'd be sad to leave South Dakota in a year but I really will be!
ReplyDeleteI so miss that pie!
ReplyDelete