I was sooo happy that the weekend came. Fridays at school are test day. Lots of testing in my classroom - it's a district thing. I cracked up because in between tests I have a student who is obsessed with making things out of paper. About every fifteen minutes or so, she changed the paper item on her desk and advertised a new one, complete with a for sale sign. To my knowledge nothing sold. The paper store had an unsuccessful week of business.
Some of the teachers decided earlier in the week that Friday after school was going to be teacher happy hour at a favorite restaurant/bar in downtown Fort Worth. All of the teachers know that I'm Mormon and don't drink alcohol but they wanted me to come anyway. I know this sounds sad and pathetic but I was really glad to be included. They told me that even though I don't drink I would love the appetizers. I LOVE that my coworkers don't care at all about personal choice to not drink - they just wanted me to come. I'm really glad I went. We had a fun time!
Here's the gang!
This is Katie. She and I teach third grade together. She ordered the calamari. I went to take a piece (as in one ring) and pulled out the body with the tentacles. I screamed. It scared the heck out of me. Katie decided to nibble on it as creepy as she could. I love this girl!!
A few drinks in and a bunch of appetizers later.
I've got to say... nothing is better than being the water girl at the bar. Ha ha! The appetizers were REALLY good and the conversation was fun. I love my coworkers. I'm looking forward to to our next outing together!!







No comments:
Post a Comment