Monday, May 11, 2009

Annoyed (and slightly hungry)...

Okay. I am totally "on one"since lunch today. I'm not really mad about what happened, just annoyed. So, I've been doing this new way (for me) of eating for about 2 1/2 months now. It's not a crash diet or anything, but I've become a lot more conscience of what goes in my mouth, and come to a realization of just how little I need to consume to get through the day. I've pretty much cut out sugars (other than what occurs naturally in food) and eliminated any junk. I'm eating about 4 servings of fruit per day and have about the same number of servings of vegetables. Don't get me wrong... I am FAR from healthy and am certainly not eating like a "health nut" or anything. I haven't cut out food groups or gone radical with things. I'm just saying "no" to a lot of the things I want, and trying to eat more of the things I should. So far, I've lost almost 30 pounds.

Today at lunchtime I went into the faculty room to eat my lunch. I open the cupboard and I cannot find my food bar... aka my lunch. It's not in the cupboard where I had put it a few hours earlier (I put one there every morning). So I sat down and began to eat my salad (I bring a small one from home everyday) and decided to get up and look again for my lunch bar. It was my favorite raspberry flavor too! After a little sleuthing, I finally found it! There, in the garbage can, was the wrapper of my $4.00 meal bar that someone else had obviously enjoyed. No evidence of the bar, just the wrapper. What the hell?! Who opens a cupboard and eats someone else's stuff? That is just weird to me. I've taught at this school for 2 years and never had anyone eat my lunch before. I thought it was so odd. So, I taped the wrapper to a piece of paper and wrote a note that say's something like "please don't eat food that doesn't belong to you" and proceeded to write a small paragraph about how I hope someone enjoyed my lunch. I posted my little note on the cupboard door where my lunch bar once resided.

Weird.

So here's my question... at your place of employment, would YOU eat something that didn't belong to you if you found in a cupboard. I'm talking anything... granola bar, candy bar, unopened soda?

Would you?

4 comments:

  1. Like, OMG.....of course I wouldn't eat someone's food. That is seriously heinous. Did anyone fess up yet? I bet it was that Scottish guy, (no, JK) he's darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it would depend on how hungry I was! But seriously, couldn't the thief find something better than a health bar. Honestly, if you're going to steal it might as well be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be mad too!! And no, I wouldn't take other peoples food at work - so rude!! Luv ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost took your bar again today (if you put it in there) just to add some more excitement at lunch.

    ReplyDelete