As part of our Mother's Day present this year, I'm having my kids write to their moms. We had a big lesson about specific sentences versus generic ones. I really encouraged the kids to write the specific reasons they love their moms, and not just that "they're nice". So, they did!
Here are a few of my favorites...
"I love you because you're really good at being nice"
Do you think she listened to the lesson?
I guess the words "really good" made it specific.
"I love you because you give me comfort"
Ummm... he spelled it comfart. Cute!
"I love you because you are the best in the house"
At what? We're not sure. Just the best.
"I love you because you make hot dogs even though you don't like them"
Who likes those things anyway?!
"You are always nice to me everyday"
Specifically, everyday. Lol!
"I love when you make me smile because you're crazy"
I'm glad she specified the crazy part. That's just fun!
"I love you because you always make me laugh when I am sad. You play with me and Chase (her brother). You're always kind to everyone and barely get mad at me"
"I love you because you make stuff"
Umm.... NOT at all specific... but considering the student, adorable!
My personal favorite...
"Dear Mom, I love you because you let me sometimes not do my hair on Saturday"
No comments:
Post a Comment