Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Pot... the legal kind

So I have about 15 or so pots that are scattered throughout my backyard. I love to plant flowers in the ground around them and then in the pots as well. I haven't gotten THAT far yet this spring, but my front yard is 100% finished now (I'll post those pictures later) and it's time to move my focus and energy into the backyard.

To quote the Homestar Runner...
"Yard work is hard work" 

In addition to flowers, I decided this year to plant a few vegetables in really large pots on my back patio. I haven't really done this before so it's my first attempt. 

This is a few of the baskets that hang off the deck in my backyard.
More pictures from the back deck.
Look! I'm already getting a little color on the strawberries. Success!

This would be a Roma tomato plant. Gotta love the sacrament meeting Mother's Day gift.
Cilantro on the left, and an Early Girl tomato on the right.
My small patio garden. A work in progress. 
I think the central air conditioner in the picture is a nice finishing touch, don't you?

2 comments:

  1. You have quite a green thumb! Your hanging baskets are gorgeous and I hope get enough cilantro to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so great!!! I love your cute little house! Hope you are doing great now that school is almost over! YAY! Oh, and I have some news for you! Someone is pregnant and it's not me:) You know who it is...my favorite person in the world {enter sarcasm here} :) haha

    ReplyDelete