Monday, November 9, 2009

Speaking of the devil...

Me with Satan... oh I mean Michael Ballam. Oops!

One of my students this year is the grandson of Michael Ballam. If you're not familiar with the temple video at all than he just might be another college professor and opera singer to you. I, however, am most familiar with his starring role as Satan, cira a really long time ago. He came to our classroom today to see his grandson and eat lunch with him. It was really cute. I had no idea that he was coming. I'm so glad that I slept in this morning (late night phone call with "The Boy") and scraped myself together (what the #$%@ is with the extra poofy hair on one side?) with minimal effort for my camera shoot with Satan... oh I mean Mr. Ballam. I asked if I could have my picture with him for my blog. He kindly obliged. I also mentioned that I wouldn't refer to him as Satan.... oh I mean Michael Ballam.

4 comments:

  1. Interestingly, as familiar as I am with the video... He doesn't look familiar to me. I realize that people grow up and look different, but I wouldn't be able to pick him out of a line up if I had to. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?? How?? Maybe I'm slightly obsessed with him... I don't know. But I was so thrilled when I found out that I had Satan's grandson in my class... oh I mean Michael Ballam's grandson, of course! Anyway, it's my sad little claim to fame I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! That's awesome:) the good old video. Nice call for getting a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He was one of my professors at Utah State which, of course, was before I had seen the video. When he walked in on the first day of class the guy sitting next to me started freaking out saying....on my gosh its satan! I thought he was just crazy and I switched seats.

    ReplyDelete