
This year for Thanksgiving most of my family will be together.
My younger brother Brian, his wife Denise, and their two kids will be spending the holiday in Logan with his in-laws. "The Boy" and I went to dinner at their house on Sunday night, and I was really glad to spend some time with them since I won't be seeing them on Thanksgiving.
I will be having Thanksgiving dinner with "The Boy" at my parents house. My older brother Clint, sis-in-law Martha, and their four kids will be there as well. It won't be our entire family, but it will be nice to be together.
I will be bringing my classic green bean casserole to Thanksgiving. My family makes fun of how excited I get over it. I love the stuff! My version is mostly sauteed mushrooms, onions, garlic and cream with way too many french fried onions and a hint of green beans. Last year I brought a huge cake pan full and ended up taking most of it home. Evidently not everyone shares my love for it, but my sis-in-law Denise does so she took some too. I'm going to tone it down this year and take about a fourth as much. I'm also baking two cheesecakes tomorrow to take. One is a New York style plain with cherry topping for my chocolate hating father, and the other is a triple chocolate for us normal people. Hmmmm... now that I think about it, I'm pretty much in charge of bringing the fat. Nice, nice.
Happy Thanksgiving!
I'm glad you guys were able to come out for dinner too! I always have fun spending time with you and it was great meeting "the boy." I hope you guys have a fun Thanksgiving (even though I know you won't because we won't be there!!!!) I will miss the green bean casserole...
ReplyDeleteHave fun with "The Boy." I can't wait for Friday.
ReplyDeleteOh, and Dusty said to tell you he's still waiting for his pie... (I think you should throw it in his face)