Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Honeymoon - Day 3

Day 3
London

We spent the day at Kensington Palace (Princess Diana's former home) and gardens and Kensington Park. It was so beautiful there! They're doing some renovations at the palace, and photo taking inside was prohibited. They had an interesting interactive exhibit of princesses throughout history inside the palace. It was a little abstract and wasn't just a tour of the rooms. So, here are some of the pictures we have from our visit there.


The front gates to Kensington Palace.





This is the work that is going on outside the palace. Not very pretty but they're in the process of redoing some of the landscaping.


This was the one room we were able to take pictures in. This was the wishing chair. You were supposed to sit in the chair and shout out your wish. There were microphones set up around it to amplify the sound. We sat, but we didn't shout.


Ken in the wishing chair.


My turn in the chair.


This is another view of Kensington from the beautiful gardens. Sorry about the massive amount of garden pictures below but it was truly enjoyable and peaceful. I could have stayed for hours! Ken and I got a lot of ideas on how to graduate from "yard of the month" to "yard of the year" at our house.









After we left Kensington Gardens, we walked and walked and walked and walked (the theme of our honeymoon) through Kensington Park. It's giant! We're talking about acres and acres. And, the battery of our camera died while we were there. Sadness! But here are just a few of the things we saw on our journey through the park.


We didn't ride the carousel, but it was really different.






We went on a massive search for the statue of Peter Pan (above) that was in the park. After walking around for what felt like hours, we finally found it. One click of the camera and the battery was officially pronounced dead.

We continued to walk through the park and enjoyed how beautiful it was.
Kensington was a GREAT place to visit!

2 comments:

  1. I was about to say..."I can't believe you didn't ride the carousel!".....and then I remembered who I was talking to. Of course you didn't ride the carousel! Lol! You guys are too funny. I'm really glad you showed so many photos of the park though. You're right, it's incredibly beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the gardens were amazing!!! no wonder you took so many pics. I am loving this tour. I was going to say, Now I don't need to go....but it actually makes me want to go there SO bad :)

    ReplyDelete