Day 7
Paris
Ahhhh... Paris! Here we are in France ready to see all of the amazing sights we've heard about.
We woke up at the hotel and got ready for the day.
Below is a picture of our very European shower. No shower curtain. Just a small piece of glass to help shield any water from coming out. It was certainly weird to say the least. We did manage to write a few messages to each other in the steam on the glass though.
We set out (on foot, of course) for the day!
While we were walking through the city, we thought it was so odd to have a funeral service supply business right on the corner of an intersection. There were headstones and flower arrangements right there for sale.
This was so hilarious to me... but not hilarious to Ken. As we were walking, I looked down on the sidewalk and saw this little plastic figure staring up at me. I didn't touch it, move it or keep it. I just snapped a photo and giggled about it for the next hour.
We went walking in search of the Sacre-Coeur cathedral. We walked, and walked, and walked - imagine that! Then we came to these stairs. My feet hurt so bad! I told Ken there was no way I was about to hike up a million steps. Besides, at that point I couldn't see a church or anything up there. He headed up them. I pouted for a minute and then followed him.
The view of Paris from the Sacre-Coeur grounds was literally breathtaking! We stayed up there for quite a while. It was incredible!
Can I just say that every time I see that AMAZINGLY cute blue bag on your shoulder in those photos it make me smile? I wonder where you got it? It's so adorable!! :)
ReplyDelete