Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Honeymoon - Day 9

Day 9
Paris

Day 9 was an amazing day! We spent the whole day at Chateau Versailles and I don't think we even saw 1/20 of what was there. It was incredible!

First, we took the subway to the train station to get on a train to Versailles. It's a little bit out of the city and a taxi would have been too expensive. Here are two things we saw out our window on the train ride.




While on the train, there was a man playing the accordion. Of course, he wanted you to give him a little bit of money when you got off the train. Well, he walked past me and there was a HORRIBLE smell of really really strong body odor. Seriously... I've never smelled anything worse in my life! Ken and I were facing each other, and as he walked past Ken, Ken's face seriously looked a little something like this...
SERIOUSLY!
I laughed and laughed about it all day. It was one of those "innocent reactions" like a three year old would do because they don't know any better. Ken has good reflexes because one whiff of Mr. Accordion and his expression was instant! When we got home, we were watching SpongeBob SquarePants (guilty pleasure) and noticed that Patrick's reaction to drinking rotten seahorse milk was a dead ringer for Ken's little train episode.


We finally arrived at Versailles.
I N C R E D I B L E !
We could have spent days there.
It was truly a highlight of our time in Paris.














Below is a picture of our lunch that day. That chocolate torte was delicious!


The Gardens of Versailles are beyond belief!
Ken and I didn't see a fraction of what there was. I really would love to go back and spend more time there. It was amazing!











One of the best days on our entire trip!

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! I'd LOVE to go there. It's beautifuL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Versailles was my favorite as well! I have to admit though, I got so tired walking around Versailles and trying to see it all in one day---someday I will return and see all that I missed!
    Hope your first few days of school have gone well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm speechless....it's so beautiful, it rendered me speechless.

    Smile Ken!

    ReplyDelete