I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...
I have some serious blogging repentance to do!
I must continue with my daily ramblings. I have missed them. I feel like I've been super busy but how did I manage to blog for 280+ consecutive days? I was busy then too. I vow to do better and get back to daily blogging!
This weekend was spiritual, entertaining and disgusting.
Let's start with the spiritual!
Ken's mom invited me to go to Time Out For Women with her and her daughter's again. I went last year and loved it! I loved this year too. I walked away from the weekend feeling stronger and more spiritual. I love that!
This year it was at the Davis Conference Center. We stayed at the hotel that it is connected to so it was super handy and convenient.
The musical guest on Friday night was Michael McLean. He was popular when I was in high school 20 years ago. I'm not too sure if he is still popular now. Ken's sister, Cortnee, was cracking me up because she said he looks like a Paul McCartney Muppet. So, so true.
This is Cortnee checking the time because Michael McLean was 3 minutes over his scheduled time. Ha ha!
I was completely fascinated by this ladies hair. I wish I could have gotten better pictures. Coming from someone with big hair, this lady looked silly.
60+ years old is too old to pull off this look.
Judgemental? Yes.
Truthful? Yes.
Hilarious? Yes.
Maddy, Makayla, Peggy and Cortnee.
(Shari, I cut you off because your eyes were closed and I didn't think you'd appreciate the photo. Jaime, you were off gallivanting with your Davis County people)
This was the best sight of the entire weekend!
They had converted all of the men's bathrooms into women's. Evidently the conference center wanted the bathrooms to feel a little more "girly" so this was their solution!
Pretty darn funny!
(did you notice the pink doilies under the vases?)
My favorite speaker was Chris Williams.
His pregnant wife and two of his children were killed in a car accident a few years ago that was caused by a teenage drunk driver broadsiding them.
His story of his journey, the peace he found and his ability to forgive from the moment the accident happened was truly amazing and inspiring. You can read his story HERE. It is incredible.
As for entertaining, once I got home on Saturday night, Ken and I sped off to BYU to see the Peking Acrobats. These people are seriously freaks of nature. No one should be able to bend their bodies and do what they are able to do.
This chair guy was the worst for me to sit through. My hands and feet were so sweaty for him by the time he was done. I hated watching him. I was too afraid he was going to fall. Note to self... no child of mine will ever be a Peking Acrobat - or any other kind of acrobat for that matter. They might be a freak of nature, but that will be their problem! :)
And Sunday morning at church, I found out I had the
when I went in the bathroom during primary (I'm in the Presidency now - yikes!) and threw up. I told Ken during Sacrament Meeting that I wasn't feeling well. It lingered through Sunday night and Monday. I took a sick day on Monday but was back in the classroom today.
Whew! What a fun (and not so fun being sick) filled and busy weekend!









Wow!! That is a great weekend!!! I would love to see the Peking Acrobatics!! And those flowers in the urinals had me rolling!! I'm glad you are back to blogging!! I've missed hearing from you! :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a marathon to me. I am glad you are feeling better. THe stomach flu is absolutely the WORST! I am so glad you took a picture of the bathroom. That totally made my morning. Some day I want to go to Time Out for Women. It has always sounded awesome to me.
ReplyDeleteAs for Michael McLean. I remember having a bunch of his tapes in HS. I thought he was great. Last year he came to MT and did a concert, and I took the YW to see him. The girls didn't connect with him AT ALL. THey all said he was sappy, and I would have to agree they were right. He didn't do any of his recent stuff for us, just pulled out some old stuff that I remember from my teenage years. I have to admit I was a little disppointed as well.
The acrobats look awesome, but I am with you, I would never want one of my kids to be one. :)
PS. Welcome back to blogging. I have missed you as well. And thanks for your comment on my post. I left a reply for you there. :)