Today in my classroom I had my kids do a page to add to their first grade portfolio. I usually do it on the one hundredth day of school but I forgot. The portfolio page is a self portrait of what they think they will look like when they are 100 years old. It's always comical. Here's the whole gang with their pictures...
Here are a few winners and honorable mentions.
I don't really have words for the one below.
Here is my interpretation.
This student plans on tanning A LOT until his skin is dark and leathery and fire is coming out of his ears. He also plans on not taking care of his teeth and therefore loses them along with his eyes. It could happen. I see similarities in these two pictures... (just imagine fire coming out of the overly tan guy's ears)
Awww... this is cute. I love all of the blush. I also like the bouffant hair. The apple cheeks and hair looks a little bit to me like the singer Adele. I see some unarguable similarities.
I have no words for this either. He explained it to me but I didn't really follow it. There's something "feline" about it. It is almost Seuss-ish, no? It seriously reminds me of the actor Mike Meyer's as The Cat In The Hat or any random actor from the musical CATS.
This little girl is evidently planning on sharpening her teeth to points, losing all of her hair, and getting a Michael Jackson-esque nose job. I like it. It reminds me of one of my favorite little picture book characters, David. If you're not familiar with the David series, you need to be. Those books are fantastic!
This student must be planning on becoming a silent movie actor but without a hat. Call me crazy but if Charlie Chaplin wore glasses and took off the hat, it would be a dead ringer. It looks a little Adolph Hitler to me as well but I refuse to post a picture of him. Just sayin...
This girl might be aspiring to be an LDS author and inspirational speaker. Maybe it's because I just saw and heard from her but she looks a little bit like Emily Watts to me.
I really hope this boy doesn't grow up to wear a goatee and moustache because it may lead him down the never ending dramatic life that is his lookalike, Robert Downey Jr., lives.
And last but not least, this one is my favorite. A sweet, innocent looking grandma. But maybe she won't be so sweet or innocent. After all, she does look a little bit like Estelle Getty's character, Sophia, from The Golden Girls. Sophia was fun and sassy so this just may be a good thing!
So there you are. Some mild entertainment courtesy of my day job.









Hahaha! Love this. It's things like this that make me miss teaching. :)
ReplyDelete