So today is Dr. Seuss' birthday. If he were alive, he'd be 108 years old. In my opinion, he's one of the best children's authors of all time. I love the fact that that long after his death, his books are still popular and on book shelves. If I ever have any children of my own, they will know Dr. Seuss from a young age.
Here's what I don't like... for some reason I decided to delve into Dr. Seuss' personal life a little more. I've decided that I love him as an author but strongly dislike him as person. As a side note, he never wanted any children of his own and as soon as he married, he sent the two daughter's of his second wife off to boarding school. I think it's weird that he spent his life writing for children and didn't really like them. His famous quote about children was "You have 'em and I'll entertain 'em".
I do love his books though.
My two favorites are
and
What about you?
What are your favorite Dr. Seuss books?



Had no idea he wasn't very kid friendly...oh the irony!
ReplyDeleteAs for my favs: One Fish, Two Fish and Green Eggs and Ham, and, of course, the Grinch.