Friday, October 12, 2012

A ridiculously priced purchase...

Over the summer I decided that, even though I hate the way I look, it was time to embrace what I am and buy some new clothes. I previously blogged about buying new hangers for my new clothes HERE. Anyway, I've been adding all kinds of new things to my closet over the past two months. I recently struck gold. I've lucked out with buying mostly clearance on my new clothing quest, but this recent purchase takes the cake.

I really like the store CJBanks. They carry sizes 14 and up. That would be me... size 14 and up - emphasis on the up. Their mall stores are nice but their stuff tends to run small and their prices are high, in my opinion. I keep my eye on their online store. I've had a lot of success with their clearance. Case in point...

This box arrived for me.


It's full of new clothes!!


Here's what I ordered...


6 new shirts!
4 at $35.50 each
1 at $29.50 
1 at $19.50

total: $191.00


2 lightweight shrugs.
$45.50 each

total: $91.00


3 lightweight cardigans.
(they all look identical in this picture but they're not)
$39.50 each

total: $118.50


3 other tops.
White sweater with crochet $45.50
Olive green shirt $35.50
Black and white plaid $39.50

total: $120.50

That's a grand total of
$521.00

For whatever reason, it came with two shipping invoices.


I paid a whopping $3.00 for each item.



The total I paid for everything is $38.99
Yep. You read that right. Thirty eight dollars and ninety nine cents.


I saved an incredible 
$482.01

And how did I do this?
I shopped all clearance (which was already priced really low) and used an additional 40% off my total coupon. I was shocked and excited to get 14 things for $3.00 a piece. I scored! I love it when I stumble on amazing finds!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That is the most amazing clothing purchase I've ever seen! Now you'll feel even better about trying on your cute new clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa!! Cute stuff! I love shopping at Christopher and Banks (the sister store of cj banks) I will be checking out their online store tomorrow! Enjoy wearing your new clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is seriously so awesome. And I recently went through the same thing- I am NOT getting any smaller, so why do I have to look like a frump? No more. I bought some new things, but paid a lot more than $3 a piece. Great finds!!!

    ReplyDelete