So this morning in my class I was doing some last minute one on one assessing. I had one of my students up at my table with me asking him a few questions that I needed answered for the report cards. He is a crack up and I totally love this kid! Our conversation went a little something like this...
Me: "Can you tell me all of the months in order beginning with January?"
Student: "January, February, March, April, (long pause) summer, Thanksgiving, and then Christmas."
Me: "Okay, thanks. That was pretty good. Now can you tell me all of the seasons?"
Student: "Well... there's duck season, elk season, deer season..."
(insert me looking confused trying to not laugh by this totally unexpected response)
Me: "Ummm... that's great. (big smile, still not trying to laugh at him) But, can you tell me the seasons beginning with winter?"
Student: "Well, you can go duck hunting in the winter."
Me: "Thanks. I think I've gotten everything that I need."
This is classic.
ReplyDeleteI AM STILL LAUGHING. This is hillarious! It's too good a story to pass up. I want to add it my "Kids say the funniest things" (annonymous of course)on my class blog. Is that OK?
ReplyDeleteHaha, oh those little 1st graders:)
ReplyDelete