
The other night, there was absolutely NOTHING on t.v. so I watched the Alfred Hitchcock movie North By Northwest. My favorite part of the movie was how Cary Grant's character always ends his phone conversations with the word darling--"Have a good night and I'll see you tomorrow, darling". Yeah. That's pretty true to life, right? I had had the movie recorded on my DVR for some time and just never got around to sitting down and watching it. So, I got my favorite "t.v. blanket" (thanks to my sis-in-law, Martha) and wrapped up with that, Tank, and a diet Coke. Okay... one thing to say. Cary Grant is hot! That's all. I know, I know... if he were alive he would be 105 but that's okay. I'm talking about the "young" Cary Grant. Hot, hot, hot. If I could place an order to the man upstairs it would sound a little something like this...
"I would like an extra large order of Cary Grant please. Ummm, let's see... I would also like a large side order of charming and another side of debonaire. And, while you're at it, let me wash it all down with an extra large glass of smitten, easy on the ice, with some extra, extra handsome thrown in. And make sure to have him call me darling when we hang up the phone. Thanks." Yep. That would be my request.

As you look at this picture, can't you just hear him saying "Come on Kristina my dear. Hurry DARLING or we'll miss our flight for our romantic Hawaiian get away..." (I was lagging behind because my gigantic diamond wedding ring got snagged on some stewardesses tacky cable knit sweater) Yeah. This picture really speaks to me. Notice how he is the one schlepping around my neatly folded carry on bag. What a man! Yep. Kristina Grant.

This expression is of my husband, Cary Grant, listening to my endless stories of first grade boogers and pee pants. He just loves all of the stories that I come home with! Can't you tell by the little grin on his face? He finds my life far too interesting. By the way, dinner is waiting for me every night, the yard is in award winning condition, the laundry is all caught up, and Tank has never been happier.

Again, this is my husband, Cary Grant's expression as we ponder the meaning of our lives together (eternally, of course) and discuss if we really do need to set up college funds for our children or if they can survive on their good looks like he was able to. Being married to such a beautiful man requires some tough choices such as this. Also, the bright light behind him is the reflection from my gigantic diamond wedding ring. We tried to photoshop it out but were unsuccessful. That diamond is just too big!

And finally, this is my husbands expression as he watches the latest episode of The Office while cuddled up next to me. As you can tell by his face, he is wondering if Dwight Schrute really is a true ninja or not. Being a ninja takes a lot of work and as you can see by Cary's poignant glance, he just isn't sure if Dwight is really cut out for it or not. He's going to think about it and we'll then have a few deep discussions about the subject as we dine on seafood and sip diet Coke out of champagne glasses. Dwight Schrute being a ninja...it's a lot to ponder...even for Cary Grant!
my ALL TIME favorite actor of all time!! have you seen The Grass is Greener? It's great, and he says Darling all the time in that too...
ReplyDeletelova ya (and hopefully we'll actually get to talk soon... :)
He is pretty charming!! He would make a great husband! You have a great catch;)
ReplyDeleteWhat a crack up Kristina! I thoroughly enjoyed your creative writing here. It was so good, I think I'm in love with Cary now!
ReplyDeleteOh Krissy, you're a riot!!!! Yes, he is dreamy. It was a dreamy time in the American culture. People were polite, formal .... and decent. It seems like it was such a good time to be an American, in the 50's!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like it has to be Thurs. this week for our Mex. is that OK?!!!!