Monday, November 2, 2009

Add 5 pounds instantly!

I went to a Halloween party this past weekend (see the post below). Everyone was assigned something to bring for the party, and my assignment was to bring a dessert. Seriously, I am a geek and I think I lost sleep over what to bring. I know... I'm lame. But after a few trial runs of a few different ideas, I settled on taking chocolate caramel brownies (an old family recipe we've had around for way too long) and a cheesecake. The problem with this idea... I've never made a cheesecake before. So, I got a recipe online, bravely bought everything I needed to make a 10 inch raspberry fudge cheesecake, and spent the 4 hours making and baking it. I have to say, I think it turned out pretty well for my first time. There is always room for improvement so I'm thinking cheesecake might just be my new thing to bring.

Finished and uncut. Can you believe I was lame enough to actually add mint to the top? Believe it!

A slice of pure, unadulterated, smooth, delicious, creamy FAT. Yum!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm, that looks really yummy!! Great job! And I like the added touch of the mint:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo and it was delicious. Well done for your first!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is a little dribble of drool hanging from the corner of my mouth...

    ReplyDelete