Thursday, March 4, 2010

Details, details, details...

During my writing lesson today, I talked to the kids about how including extra detail in writing is what makes it interesting to the reader. It's the who, what, when, where, why and how that readers want to know about, and how general information isn't too exciting.

So, my cute student who drew the wedding picture of Ken and I decided to add detail to her piece by adding more to the picture.


I think the disco ball, lights, psycho floor, and flowers on the wall really add to the event. She was soooo proud of her details. She obviously paid attention to my lesson. I couldn't resist taking another picture!

I am glad, however, that the floor seems to mask Ken's bizarre foot deformity and the light from the disco ball seems to minimize my gargantuan arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment