Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Showered by first graders...

So this morning, my room moms threw Ken and I a wedding shower.
The kids have been SO excited for weeks now knowing that it was coming up.
The room moms sent home invitations for the big event.
They came in early, decorated the classroom, and got the kids all wound up for the day.
We started by playing a couple of games. Then we opened presents and snacked on cupcakes, pretzels, Hershey's kisses, and some red punch. 
(hallelujah that no one spilled the red punch on my carpet)


Here we are! 


Ken, the guest of honor, makes his appearance.
(that's one of my cute room moms in the picture)


The kids were really good!


We played the classic game where I had to answer questions about Ken. For every question I got wrong, I had to put another piece of gum in my mouth. I have to admit... I wasn't very good at this game! I was a year off of when he graduated from high school, I had NO CLUE where he went to elementary school, got his "dream car" all wrong, and struggled with his favorite restaurant. I was able to name what city he was born in, his "dream vacation' and favorite dessert to name a few. I wasn't a complete failure!


This kids were playing a "hide the diamond ring" game. They were all closing their eyes while it was being hidden. Well, almost everyone was closing their eyes. The cheaters weren't, of course!



Here is Ken and I opening our presents.
I was trying to make it seem like each gift was EXACTLY what we wanted!!

I look like I'm struggling to breathe in this picture but I was "super excited" over the photo album one of them gave us. The kids told us we should put our pictures from Europe in it.

Candy and movie/dinner gift cards. Yippee!


This was in with our gift from one of my students.
It's his oil pastel picture he had spent a few weeks making during his art class. It's a picture of a vase with flowers in it. He was so proud to let us have it.
I thought it was really sweet of him!

3 comments:

  1. That's so fun! How cute your class is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love these pictures! And I hope that you frame that oil painting and hang it over you mantel. That was so nice of your moms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet!! Your hair has gotten super long. I don't think I've ever seen it that long. What are you going to do with it for your wedding?

    ReplyDelete