Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me!!

Yesterday was my birthday.
Yep.
36 years ago I graced this world with my presence. Ha ha!
It's nice for me to be in a career where I will always get to sleep in on my big day. And sleep in we did! The day started by sleeping in, followed by sitting around and being lazy. Ken and I went to lunch with my mom and got Mexican food at Mi Ranchito - my favorite local Mexican joint!


Then Ken went home and my mom and I ran to a few stores to check out any after Christmas clearance sales. I didn't find anything worthwhile, but I did buy a bunch of Rubbermaid totes with lids so I can organize our unorganized storage room downstairs. That's going to be a undertaking.

Ken and I went and saw the new-ish Harry Potter movie last night. We're a little behind the times in seeing new releases. We both liked it a lot!


Tank and Sascha (our dog and cat) got me a little something. They got me refill "graters" for my Ped-Egg (best invention ever) and a few Sudoku books.


Ken got me the Del Parsons print that I love.



I LOVE the expression on this little girl's face.


We originally decided we were going to hang the new picture in the bedroom but it just didn't look quite right in there. Instead we hung the picture in the hallway between our front room and t.v. room near the stairs. It looks GREAT there! I love it!


We took the Greg Olsen picture (a birthday present from Ken about 12 years ago, believe it or not) that was hanging in the hallway and moved it into our bedroom where a wreath had been hanging. I think the old picture looks great in the bedroom!


My mom and dad, and Ken's mom and dad both gave me a card with birthday money in it. I haven't decided what to buy yet, but I've got a few things in mind!
All in all, it was a pretty great day!


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! (Late, sorry!) Next time you go to Mi Ranchito will you take my dad with you? He LOVES to go there, but we are all so sick of it! Glad you had a great day. I love that painting, I've never seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Fun, fun. You are exactly two days younger than my hubsters. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Kristina!! Sounds like you had a great day!! Sleeping in is always appreciated and the picture can gave you is beautiful. I haven't seen that one before!

    ReplyDelete