I don't have a lot to blog about this week. So, I'll bore you with more Christmas with my first graders. This past week, we've continued to learn about Christmas in other countries. We also make a little something to represent what we've learned.
We learned that in Holland, the children leave wooden shoes with carrots and hay for the horse. We also made this...
The tradition of Christmas cards comes to us from England. We took a little time to write in Christmas cards...
In the United States, we all celebrate Christmas based on our traditions. Each student got to illustrate what that looked like...
And in Mexico, we learned that they celebrate with pinatas. We also get the poinsettia flower from there. So, in honor of Mexico, we made our own pinatas...
The filler
The kids cover it with crepe paper. Remember the little squares that you would twist on the end of a pencil and glue?
I've even got all of my presents ready to give to my students. They're each getting a framed picture from our fieldtrip and a copy of Junie B. First Grader Jingle Bells, Batman Smells (P.S. So Does May) which is one of our favorite books! Seriously, it's a must read no matter how old you are. Ken read it and laughed his butt off!
Cute ideas you have. I miss student teaching with all you guys. It was SOOOOOO FUN!!!
ReplyDeleteI want you to be my kids' first grade teacher! Junie B Jones books are the best. My favorite is Junie B Jones...something about monkey business.
ReplyDeleteCute cute gift idea:) You are SO nice and spoil your kids!!! So, since you are a teacher....I need ideas for Max and AJ's "teachers" at the daycare. Any ideas? There are 14 of them, so it can't be too over the top but I need something to show them how much I appreciate them for taking care of my boys.
ReplyDeleteJunie B. rocks! What a great idea!
ReplyDelete