Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Parties and such...


We've been having a lot of rain here in Utah the past few days. The news has been forecasting that we wouldn't have a white Christmas, just a wet one. Which on one hand is good... you don't have to shovel rain. But, yesterday morning we woke up to this...


It took me about an hour to shovel the driveway and sidewalks - Ken was at work.
So much for accurate weather forecasting!

Yesterday was our annual Chidester family Christmas party. It's been a long standing tradition since I was tiny. We get together, eat more than anyone should, and hope that Santa comes. He's never let us down yet!


My mom is the QUEEN of too much food!





My nephew Jake told Santa last night that he wanted a Thomas the Train. When Santa gave Jake his present, it just so happened to be Thomas. You've never seen a more excited and amazed child!



My brother Clint and his wife Martha gave us a 6 foot folding table and chairs... something I'd "hinted" to Martha we wanted. Well, the new table just happens to be the same width and height as our dining table. It was perfect! It makes seating for 8.

This afternoon, I had the teachers that I taught with last year over for a little Christmas get together. We've all moved on in different ways and no longer teach together. Kim, Allison, and Lindsey have all had babies and are stay-at-home moms, I got married, and Peggy and Marianne moved to new schools. Allison was visiting from Arizona (where she moved to at the end of the last school year) so we used it as an excuse to meet up. Everyone brought food and treats. It was so good to see everyone!

The new, EXTRA LONG table!

Marianne, Lindsey and Allison.

Jacquie (who I am fortunate to still teach with) and Allison's baby, the handsome Mr. "B".

Our bedroom doubled as the baby nap room. Mr. "B" is on the floor and Miss "M" is on the bed.

Three babies require a lot of junk!

Allison, Peggy, Marianne and Kim.

All of us just hanging around, visiting, and cuddling with the babies.

Lindsey and Mr. "P", Allison and Mr. "B", and Kim with "Miss M".

The whole gang
Top: Peggy with Mr. "B", Jacquie with Miss "M", me, Lindsey with Mr. "P"
Bottom: Allison, Marianne, and Kim

3 comments:

  1. Hey Thanks again for inviting me to your guys party. I thought that was so kind of you and I LOVED coming and seeing everyone. You have a beatiful home and you seem so happy with your hubby! :) Thanks again for inviting me, I really appreciate it. Have a WONDERFUL Christmas holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That WAS so much fun!! Thank you again so so so so so so much!!!! I'm going to steal this post, but don't worry... I will take out your family part and give you all the credit. It was SO good to see you again. As always you are a wonderful hostess!!

    ReplyDelete