
My sister-in-law, Martha, sent me an email with this picture as a motto for 2009. (this long-necked creepy woman must be using the same hairspray as I do!)
Last year, my motto for 2008 was "SIMPLIFY". I put up several things around my house that said the word to remind me to do so. If I ever had something that I wasn't sure I wanted to keep or not, I'd think about the best way to simplify the situation and 9 times out of 10 it went in the trash. Same situation in my classroom, car, and thoughts in my head. For 2008, less was more and it worked for me. I was able to keep my house immaculate, my classroom spotless, and my emotional state pretty even keeled. I let go of most of the crap life brings and simplified my surroundings. It felt good.
This year, I haven't completely decided what my personal motto for the year will be. And since today is the first of February, I'd better get on the ball. I've thought about having the motto of "BECOME" so it will encourage me to become better, become the person I can be, become more. I don't know. We'll have to see. I may keep "SIMPLIFY". It seems to be working.
I LOVE the new motto!! I AM so happy you are blogging and glad you like it:) It is a great way to stay in touch! I love reading your posts and hearing whats new...and of course about your little first graders!
ReplyDelete