Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My handkerchief is bleeding...

What a way to start the day.

Student: "Miss Chidester, can I have a bandaid?"
Me: "Yeah. They're in the basket. Are you okay?"
Student: "No. I have a handkerchief on my finger and it's bleeding."
Me: "What?"
(student holds up their pointer finger in my face)
Student: "See. My handkerchief is bleeding again."
Me: "That's called a hangnail. A hangnail is where the skin on your finger rips and then bleeds. A handkerchief is like a kleenex. It's something that you keep in your pocket to blow your nose or sneeze in."
Student: "Well, call it what you want to but my handkerchief is still bleeding and I need a bandaid."

Being the GREAT teacher that I am, I put a bandaid on his handkerchief.

 

1 comment:

  1. EWH! I hope you wore your OSHA rubber gloves. Too funny! Hey is your email the same? I need to send you an invite to my class blog. You need to also send me an invite! :)

    ReplyDelete