Thursday, January 14, 2010

Let's move on...


I love Christmas as much as the next person.
I really do.
Really.

But can I just tell you that I think there needs to be some kind of city ordinance or monetary fine for people who are STILL lighting up their Christmas lights on January 15th. I really don't want to keep seeing everyones lit Christmas trees in their front windows at night or on my way to work in the morning. And, I'm W A Y past wanting to see Santa and Rudolph lit up on people's front yards as well. Take them down. please. And if you can't take them down, please don't light them up. Am I being too "Grinchy"?

3 comments:

  1. I agree! Christmas is awesome, but is really only for December. If you want to celebrate 'winter' then that's fine (change the colors of the lights), but 'winter' does not include Santa or reindeer ;) LOL. So, take your tree down, or pull the drapes when you light it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you are being Grinchy. I took mine down at home but I don't take mine down until March in my classroom. They are WINTER lights Kristina. WINTER LIGHTS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so NOT being grinchy!! I passed a house down the street from me lit up with Santa, reindeer, wreaths, trees....you name it, it was there. You know I'm ALL about Christmas, but when the New Year hits, it's time to TURN OFF THE LIGHTS ALREADY PEOPLE!! Christmas isn't so special when you drag it out for the entire year, so let's not ruin it, okay?? :)

    ReplyDelete