Saturday, June 16, 2012

Father's Day Cards...

I normally don't surf the internet for ideas of things to make. I have Sharing Time again tomorrow and was looking for some "filler" Father's Day card for the Junior Primary to color in case my lesson was too much for them. I came across this site and decided I wanted to make a gift card holding shirt card too.

My friend Kim asked me to make one for her to give to her husband. She picked out the paper and I happily made it (the fish tie was a must!) but I didn't particularly love the outcome. Hmmm...


My 2nd attempt was to make one for Ken's dad. I chose these papers. It went much better and I realized the "shirt" needed some sort of patterned paper to make it stand out a little more.


Perfect size for a gift card! Or... you could put money in there or just a cute note.


I decided to make another card to give to my friend Kim since I didn't like the first one. After rooting around through some old scrapbook paper, this is what I came up with the second time, keeping the fish tie of course. I gave her both so she can use one and throw one away.


I'm going to make one for my dad as well, but not one with a tie. He is really a "no tie kinda guy". I really like the idea for these cards. They're pretty cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment