Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Mom's big day out...

Yesterday was a big day for my mom. It was the first time in over 3 months she went to the grocery store. In case you missed it, my mom shattered her ankle a few months back. You can read about that here. She has been down and out for quite a while. She has been going to physical therapy the last couple of weeks and now it's time for her to start bringing a cane to therapy. She isn't very happy about it either. Ken and I took my mom on a quest to find a cane yesterday.

Ken drove...


and my mom was the copilot. 


Here we are! 




We found the cane section.


Ken got in on the cane fun too.


She decided on this cane. However, we ended up getting her a second one to take to physical therapy that was a little different. That way she can try them both out.


I was SHOCKED when my mom asked us to take her grocery shopping. We did it though. 




She asked me today if I would be willing to take her to Wal-Mart tomorrow. I am surprised she wants to go because she has been so scared to go anywhere since she can't walk. I guess it's a good thing that she's asking to go so I'll take her. It takes ten times as long but that's okay with me. Hopefully, she is on the upswing!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it feels so good to get out when you've been stuck in one place for so long. Good to see her healing and doing better!

    ReplyDelete