Last Monday I opened the garage door to head to work and saw Ken's car covered in ice. We haven't really had a lot of ice or snow here in Texas. We did have a big ice storm in December that shut everything down for 5 days. It was kind of nice being trapped in a warm house... in my pj's... eating junk food... taking naps... you get the drift.
I went to work and it snowed a little bit. These pictures were taken from my school - the parking lot and a field. "Treacherous", I know. Being from Utah, I giggle at the reactions that Texans have to a few flurries. I've figured out that people can't drive in the stuff AND ice is just plain scary anyway.
Due to the massive storm (insert eye rolling here) I was sent home from work at 1:30 p.m. Yup. They had a paraprofessional cover my class so I could brave the elements and head home. The freeway was completely dry. I felt guilty. In fact, I felt so guilty that as soon as I got home Ken and I went out to lunch.
Our neighbor's fountain did freeze, which was kind of pretty.
I got a text Monday night that our superintendent had cancelled school for Tuesday. Day off for me. It was great because I was able to run a few errands - the roads were completely dry. I don't know... it may have been an overreaction.
But seriously,
this is how it is.
I'll take an "ice day" off anytime!





No comments:
Post a Comment