Sunday, February 23, 2014

Parenting Saturday...

We were able to have my student Miss S. again this weekend. Her grandma sent me a text on Friday afternoon asking if we would like to have her again. I happily said yes. This time her brother, Mr. E., came too. Miss S. is 8 years old. Her brother is 7 years old. He is a quite a bit more hyper than she is. He talks a mile a minute and has one volume - loud. He and I have a lot in common. Ha ha! 

Miss S. wasn't exactly thrilled that her bother spent the day with us. Before we left their house, she asked her grandma why Mr. E's teacher couldn't come and take him for the day rather than come with us. I tried to make the day special for her and assured her that Mr. E was coming with us to make it more fun. I'm not sure she bought it.

They got along great and I'm glad that grandma allowed us to have them from 10:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. After I picked them up we came back to the house. They found our DVD of Disney's Tangled and wanted to watch it. I'm not a fan of kids sitting in front of a t.v. as entertainment but it did give me a chance to get a little cleaning done and fix them some lunch.


I don't have kids. I spend all day with other people's children but I'm not in charge of feeding them. Last time I made Miss S. a broiled ham and cheese on a bagel (best sandwich I know how to make) and she didn't touch it. This time? Grilled cheese, Cheetos, and some pieces of apple. They put blankets on the floor and had a picnic with each other. It was cute. They both ranted about my sandwich telling me it was better than what grandma makes and that the cheese was better than McDonald's cheese - not sure if that's a compliment or not. They munched the apples and neither of them ate their Cheetos, which I thought was interesting.

 

We went down to the lake and fed the ducks. Can you see all of the bread floating in the water? Miss S. and Mr. E. just started throwing in entire pieces of bread. The lake looked terrible when we left. Oh well.Hopefully the ducks got their fill.


 We went to the park in the neighborhood just a few streets over. It was a beautiful, warm day. Mr. E found an new monkey toy in Tank's toy basket and fell in love with it. He wouldn't put it down and it went everywhere with us. Whatever he did at the park, the monkey did too. It went on the swings...


and glided across the playground on the slider.


Later in the afternoon we took them to an indoor bounce house place. It is basically a big warehouse with a ton of different bounce houses in it. Cheap and fun.



A few of the inflatables were a little bit frightening, I'm not going to lie.


Would you like a hat? $10.00. What about a t-shrit? That's right... shrit. A shrit will cost you $15.00. Shrits are hard to come by!


After the bounce houses, the kids chose to go to Golden Corral for dinner. We had a fun visit during dinner and before we knew it, it was time to go home. We drove them back into Fort Worth. I was exhausted but what a fun day for those two kids. I'm grateful to be able to spend some time with them.


1 comment: