Monday, April 27, 2009

Medical Mystery...

Some people blog about their kids, some people blog about their dogs. Since I have no kids, guess what... and since I spend the bulk of my day with six and seven year olds and the other part of my day involves Tank, what can I say? Yeah. A little pathetic. But, it's what's going on in my life right now so...

So, my little Tank seems to be a little medical mystery right now. I blogged about his eye bleeding a few weeks ago. Well, I have had a bunch of different tests ran on him. So much seems to be okay with him that I'm baffled. They've tested his kidneys, liver, blood, urine (gross but true), heart rate, blood pressure, etc. The eye vet isn't sure what's causing the bleeding in his eye. As of Friday, there was no new blood in the eye, but there is still a mass of something in his right retina that she feels is a symptom of something more. His heart rate is abnormally low so I guess our next trip is to a cardio vet. Where does this end? 

I've decided that if the cardi0 vet can't give me any sort of diagnosis, I am going to continue with follow up visits to the eye doctor to keep tabs on his eyesight. (that vet told me that Tank will lose his eyesight in his right eye due to this) But if the cardio vet can't give me any concrete answer then I'm going to give up my diagnosis quest and chalk it up to the fact that Tank is just weird. What more can I really do?

And without all of these trips to the vet, I can get my house paid off in half the time!! Ha, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment