Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The re-do...

So, I've lived in my new house for about a year and a half now. I haven't done a whole lot to it since I moved in, other than a few repairs that were caused by things beyond my control. Case in point (see the picture below) is the time that I woke up in September to see that some rain water had leaked through the roof and ran down the wall between the paint and the sheet rock. I about died when I saw my wall and it looked like this. This has since been fixed and prepped for painting.



Another crazy repair I had done was after the Dish Network installer fell through the attic and broke through the ceiling. Yep, you read that correctly. It was quite a headache to go through Dish's "red tape" to get it fixed. But it was fixed (at no cost to me) and the ceilings on the main floor were repainted too.

Well, now I've decided that I want the entire main floor repainted to make it a little more "Kristina-like". Some of the walls are staying the same color, but many of them are about to transform into something else...let's hope I like the final result. I'm pretty excited about it. I hired a painter to do it for me (I have the entire summer off but do you think for a minute I'm going to tackle painting?), so it's been interesting to come home from work and see the progress...or lack thereof. When someone else is doing the work, you almost expect to see it happen overnight. The pictures below were taken yesterday. Anyone who really knows me knows how it is almost killing me to live in all the clutter and mess. The only thing that keeps me from cracking is thinking about the finished project and how fun (and incredibly expensive) redecorating can be.

Below is a glimpse into my very messy and chaotic project...

Poor Tank is having stress with the re-do. Every day is a new adventure for him as he tries to guess where his food and water might now be located.


Below is my front living room where everything once had a place, but nothing does anymore.


Have you ever seen a night stand, an old stereo, old curtains, oil reeds, and a statue of Christ in a laundry room? You have now.


The lovely picture below is of my walk in closet. Ummm... I just sank some major money into new bedding and am not about to have paint splatter get on it. So, it's all thrown (literally) into the closet in an attempt to save it. Nice.


The pictures below are of the current state of my bedroom. Yikes! Please excuse the unmade bed. Let's be honest... do you REALLY see the point of making it until this is all finished?




Below are a few shots of my kitchen




I'll keep you posted as things continue to progress, and of course post photos of the finished masterpiece!! (I can say that it will be a masterpiece because I'm not doing it myself)

1 comment:

  1. As you are spending your relaxing summer in your newly painted house you can think of me...painting all summer, but only after 7:30 (kids in bed). I'm sure I'll be pulling some all nighters. What's that? You want to come and help me? ha ha ha...can't wait to see the final unveiling!

    ReplyDelete