I had hoped that by now I was going to be able to post pictures of some finished rooms in my house. My painter told me he would most likely be finished by Friday (today). Well, to my frustration, I got home from work last night and took these pictures. So far, not a single room is completely finished. I feel like it's nowhere near what I thought it would be by this point. It is driving me CRAZY to be at my house right now. The painter (who is doing a great job, by the way) told me yesterday that he would like to take all of next week off (it's our spring break - wahoo!) to spend time with his family and resume the week after. Huh? Did I hear you correctly? You want me to live in a mess for possibly another couple of weeks? Needless to say, I got a little upset at thinking that this mess would have to linger for yet another two weeks. Also, part of the plan for MY spring break was to finish redecorating, cleaning, and putting everything back together. I called him last night to talk with him about my major frustration and after hearing me out, he has assured me that he will have the living room, t.v. room, bedroom, and stairway all finished by sometime tomorrow (Saturday). Let's hope. Sadly, the kitchen and laundry room are going to have to wait several more days. He said he's try and come in a few times during spring break. I'm still a little unhappy about that arrangement, but at least the mess would be confined to only two rooms instead of the entire main floor.
I hope you see more progress in these pictures than I do...
I hope you see more progress in these pictures than I do...
The pictures below are of my t.v. room. The lighter walls are all finished but there is still the darker wall that needs to be painted.


The picture below is of the large wall going downstairs. This wall will be a dark green when it's finished. Still, no paint.

Below is a shot from my front living room. The lighter walls are 100% finished (the green wall is part of this room), but I can't quite put everything back yet. It needs another day or two to dry a little more.

The pictures below are of my bedroom. The first coat of paint is on the molding (I have A LOT of molding in the bedroom) and the walls are still the old color. However, my ceiling has been painted so that's good, right?


Below are the pictures from my kitchen. Things are masked off and ready to go, but I guess it'll be another couple of days or longer. The green walls are going away and will be replaced with pale yellow. The trim will be repainted white and there will also be a dark burgundy accent wall as well. I love how the fridge is just hanging out in the middle of the room. That's fun, huh?



You know, I'm getting all worked up about this project being nowhere near completed when if I put it into perspective, it's really no big deal. I have a warm bed to sleep in, a nice roof over my head, food and water, an amazing family (HUGE thanks to my mom and dad for continually babysitting Tank so the painter can come) and a good job. Besides, just my luck, all of the painting and decorating will be finished and three days later we'll have that major earthquake that they've been predicting for a million years and the whole house will be leveled. Let's just hope I get to take some pictures before then.

You look like you have your work cut out for you! It will be beautiful when it gets done!
ReplyDeleteOh Mr. Painter... doesn't he realize that you use up all your patience at school? He deserves to be repremended!!!
ReplyDelete