I was out working in my yard this evening and got a little visit from the American Fork City Beautification Committee. They stopped by to let me know that my yard is "an oasis in this neighborhood". Evidently I was nominated for yard of the month... again.
I say again because I won yard of the month about 8 years go when I lived at my old house. Last time, all I got was a sign in my yard. It's turned into a big joke over the years. I've had a few laughs with my "yard of the month" comments. I guess it's time for more jokes!
This time, I got 2 signs in my yard AND a $25.00 gift certificate to a nursery that I LOVE.
The gift certificate isn't much but I'll gladly take it! I want to get a hanging basket for the deck in my backyard and that should cover 75% of it.
Seriously though... how difficult is it to take care of the property that you own and plant a few flowers? Have we no pride in our homes? Seriously? Sad that they have to award people to encourage others. Oh well. I guess my work has paid off, according to the city.
I called Ken at work to let him know how much I appreciate ALL of his help in winning my award. Yeah. I hope you're catching on to the sarcasm with that comment. If you didn't, ask Ken about his myriad of gardening contributions. Actually, don't. He'll probably make up some GREAT story about cutting the grass with a pair of scissors to get it "just right".
(I mean... we're not married yet so he truly has no responsibilities here. Ken does make nice comments about my yard. That counts, right?)
I'm so glad you won! You totally deserve it! Can I say that when I saw the picture of your yard my heart had a little pang of pain... It's so pretty up there. And yes your yard is an oasis. Whenever I do get a yard of my own I will be calling you for gardening advice.
ReplyDelete